A few weeks ago I had a mole just below my right kneecap removed.
I didn't even know that the doctor had cut off the mole, and then all the sudden my knee was stitched up.
I didn't feel a thing.
He must've aced the class in medical school entitled 'nerves and how not to hit them with needles and knives.' Smart, smart man.
He said that the mole looked suspiciously close to those that contain Melanoma.
He asked me if my family had a history of skin cancer.
I said yes.
He sent it into the lab for a biopsy.
It came back negative.
Thankfully.
Good thing I'll have a beautiful scar there now, instead of a beautiful mole.
He said I could pick which one I wanted more.
Sometimes I hate making hard decisions.
I got the stiches out last week, and it is looking better each day.
In other medical news this week:
Jordyn broke her collar bone.
She fell off the bed at 2:00 in the morning,
at the hotel in Park City where their family was staying for the weekend.
Poor thing.
She spent a few hours in the ER, and came home with a nice sling, an ice pack (that she hates), a new little stuffed bear, and a pink unicorn pillowpet.
(hello, it's a pillow that velcroes two opposite sides together to make a little pet. Why didn't I think of that?)
With a face like that, how could you not give her some goods?
And with a collarbone like that,
how could you not feel sorry for her?
Get well soon, my little Jordina!
When you are all healed, we can build forts on your bunkbed,
jump on the tramp, and
have a rockin' dance party in Grandma's kitchen.
Hopefully my knee heals by that time as well,
because I am really looking forward to that dance party.








No comments:
Post a Comment