My name is Nonie. I love ponies, peonies, and pepperoni.

.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

kindee-garden



Kindergarteners make me smile. They are fearless, happy, and love to learn. They are funny and sweet and smart. They say it how it is. They express their feelings openly. They make friends easily.

They make me laugh and they make me cry.

Especially when they give me hugs and whisper in my ear, "I love you Miss Hunter."
Or when it's October, and one says, "Bye, Miss Hunter. Have a nice Christmas."
Or when it really is Christmastime, and one says that her "dad has a Santa suit like that. He's fat like Santa too."

Like I said, they are sweet, funny, and honest.
These last few weeks, as I have been in the kindergarten as an aide, I have been reminded of their awesomeness.

  • I love how Josh calls Sydney "Cindy" and Edgar "Edward." Makes me smile every time.
  • One day I wore a headband with teal flowers on it. One boy, after staring at my hair and studying the flowers for a while, said "I love the rubies on your head."
  • After going back and forth on the monkey bars several times at recess, one little boy came up to me and asked for a band-aid while holding out his hand that had a small, open red blister. I asked him what had happened, to which he replied, "I got a sunburn inside my cut."
  • "I am sick of kindergarten. I am sick of everything. I am sick of my mom. I just wanna go home right now!" screamed one boy as we came in from recess. "If you are sick of your mom, why would you want to go home to her?" I asked. He stayed quiet for a little bit, pondering my question. He then replied, "Okay. I'll stay at kindergarten. But only til it's over."


Oh, kindergarteners. What would I do without you?

No comments:

Post a Comment