Friday, August 27, 2010
Back to the Books
Well, it's that time of year again! Time for school, for books, for structured learning. And there is no place I'd rather spend my off-track from school than at, well, an elementary school.
I got a job this last Wednesday, the first day of school. It was a miracle, actually. An answer to prayer. And with the filling out of a few forms and signing of a couple papers, I was again an employee of Alpine School District. Just like that! And now I am an aide.
Obviously it's not my first year being a teacher's aide. It has been such good experience for me to work and teach at a school while not actually in school, since that is what I will be doing the rest of my life. Working, teaching, going to school. It's probably a good thing that I love it.
I love being inside an elementary school. I am in my element. I am where I am supposed to be. I feel like I can do anything. I can make a difference, be an influence, change lives, maybe even change the world.
I am excited for this year to work with students, to collaborate with faculty, to learn all I can before I actually have my own classroom next year. Next year. Um, when did that happen?
So, it's back to the books for me. And back to the learning. And oh, how I love learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment