It's now a little outdated, but hopefully I got my point across. So glad to be out of there.
----------
I scraped a wad of white gum off of our living room end table yesterday.
Our kitchen sink reeks of rotten potatoes and burnt eggs.
Certain people believe that the front room is their personal closet and bookshelf.
The same certain people think that a loveseat is actually a seat for them to express their love.
I frequently find clumps of dark hair in the shower drain.
I am running out of post-it notes.
Heidi making fun of me and my preferred method of communication.
This summer semester, however, my feelings have been just a little different. Maybe it's because I am at the end of my junior year and I already have senioritis. Perhaps I am craving roadtrips and pool parties and freedom more than I have before. Maybe I am sick of being "the mom" and having to clean up after and take care of girls who are almost my age. This time, it's not bittersweet. It's just sweet. A blessing, actually.
I am counting down the days. 7 days. Seven! One week from today, I will be packing up and pulling out. Leaving. Getting the heck out of dodge. Evacuating.
I am moving home for the fall. Hopefully I can make new friends, get on with my life, and replenish my post-it note supply. Just three of the things I am looking forward to.
I can't wait.
.





No comments:
Post a Comment