Last weekend I went to the Utah State Fair
with some of my peeps
who I haven't hung out with forever.
We admired the craft, art, and floral entries.
We stood in awe at the photography exhibit.
We enjoyed the aroma of fatty, deep-fried foods.
We loved the live-action infomercials
and
We wandered around for two hours looking for eachother.
It was quite the event.
After Aimee and Zach wandered off, Marsh and I started to get hungry.
We stopped by a little modest-looking trailer,
(It didn't have all the flashing lights or high prices that the others had)
ordered a Navajo Taco and an Elephant Ear, and were forced to chat with a drunk couple.
The Elephant Ear was enormous. I guess that is where it gets its name.
It took us about an hour to make a dent in it.
I don't know how we covered ourselves in powdered sugar, but I guess it was inevitable, considering the fact that the topping was about 1/2 inch thick on top.
Good thing we didn't both have heart-attacks. But I did feel my arteries clogging at one point.
We finally met up with the two lovebirds? and gave them the rest of our elephant.
The fair was closing up shop for the night, so, much to our dismay, we decided to go home.
But not before a homeless-looking man offered to take our picture on the sidewalk.
I thought for sure he was going to run away with my camera. But he was very nice and did an alright job.
Overall, it was a delightful evening, spent with one of my best friends.
I love how when the two of us get together, it is like we have never been apart.
(for the last two years or something like that...).
We had fun people-watching, telling stories, and reminiscing of the good ol' days.
And we can't wait for next year's fair.





I love the state fair. Only because I get to walk so close to cow poop! I also love watching Jason get sucked into one of those live infomercials. :)
ReplyDelete