laughed together
cried together
loved Nacho Libre
had similar taste in music, clothes, and humor
ate cereal together at night
created the Balcony Band
gave eachother nicknames
pulled some good pranks
stayed up late to talk
organized several photoshoots
told funny stories and jokes
had a lot of good times. a lot of good times.
We organized and prepared for this roommate photo shoot in under two hours. Yeah, we were pretty good.
Then they were no longer roommates. They moved on to other things for the fall--work, nursing school, and traveling-- but they stayed in touch and remained friends.
Two of them became roommates again the next winter, the third lived two doors down. They were busy and didn't see much of each other. One spent a few weeks in Tonga. Another traveled to Canada.
This last summer, the three amigos met up again and went to the farmer's market, city parks, and loved to walk around town and talk on Friday nights. It was once again like the good ol' days.
One got a boyfriend, one got a mission call.
School ended in July. One of the three graduated.
Once again, the three friends were forced to say goodbye.
One got a boyfriend, one got a mission call.
School ended in July. One of the three graduated.
Once again, the three friends were forced to say goodbye.
Today Jamie entered the MTC. Last week Heidi got engaged. Yesterday I felt sad.
I feel like two little holes have been made in my heart. I know I will see these two crazies again--Heidi in three months and Jamie in a year and a half, but it's always hard for me to say goodbye.
The three of us are all parting our separate ways, starting our adult lives. We probably won't be roommates again, make any more rap videos or start another amateur band. We most likely won't stay up late together, call the yogurt company, walk to snoasis, prank the neighbors, or help eachother with homework again. Our photoshoots are complete and our Nacho Libre fiestas are through. We've moved on, unfortunately.
Now,
I am teaching little kiddies
Heidi is planning a wedding
Jamie is studying the gospel in Spanish
I love these two. We are best buds. Confidantes. Friends. Sisters.
I love being with them. We can talk for hours and not know how much time we've wasted. We can laugh and laugh and laugh until we have sideaches and dry mouths.
I will miss all of the good times and relish in the memories, but look forward to some good times ahead. I'm sure there will be lots more laughing together and crying together in the future.
Adios Elmoine.
Congrats Heid.
I will miss you both. Terribly.
The End.





Some of the hardest times in my life came when I had to say goodbye to good friends. Just remember that the one true constant is change (my hardest thing EVER) and as we learn to accept it we begin to change and grow in new ways, we become closer to our Heavenly Father, and we are able to better help others.
ReplyDeletePlus! You're doing great things in your life...
Wow Nonie!
ReplyDeletei don't know why but i LOVE this post!!
It has a lot of emotion in it and i felt it while reading it!
You have a way with words and blog posting. (:
haha just thought i'd let you know ;)
Thanks guys! You are so sweet to actually read my "venting."
ReplyDeleteNicole, it's good to hear from you! We miss you around here. :)