Wednesday, March 23, 2011
patent pending
Last week, around St. Paddy's Day, I had the following conversation with two little first-graders while learning about pots of gold:
boy: "Do you know why the King and Queen are so rich? Because they caught so many leprechauns!"
me: "What King and Queen?"
boy: "The King and Queen of Idaho!" (kid looks at me like I'm totally stupid)
girl: (looking sternly at boy, totally serious) "No. There aren't kings and queens anymore. That was long ago, but since then they have invented presidents. Well, I know that presidents were invented because they didn't like the king."
What a smartie pants little girl.
These kids blow me out of the water with their knowledge.
Good job girlfriend, for knowing that tidbit of information.
And a shout-out to the founding fathers, who invented presidents long ago.
As for the King and Queen of Idaho, I'm still trying to figure out who they are and how they can hook me up with some leprechaun riches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment