My name is Nonie. I love ponies, peonies, and pepperoni.

.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

thin mints

March is one of my least favorite months. There are no days off from school, no siginificant holidays, nothing to write home about. I believe that March is good for only a few reasons:
1. The end of winter
2. The beginning of spring
3. Girl Scout Cookies

The other day, we were craving Girl Scout Cookies. Instead of just driving down to Walmart and visiting the card-table shop set up by Juniors and Brownies, we decided to be brave and make some. Yes, Marianne and I attempted to make Girl Scout Cookies. Thin mints to be exact.

I found this recipe a few weeks ago, but was unsure of how they would turn out. Would they be too salty? What if they weren't minty enough? Trying to recreate the original could be pretty risky.

But, it was incredibly easy, and they turned out better than we expected.

All you need is a box of Ritz crackers and a pack of Andes mints (or two or three).



Melt the chocolate mints in the microwave. Dip the crackers in the chocolate. Put on wax paper. Let dry. Devour.

Now you have yourself some delish little minty treats that taste pretty similar to the real deal.


Definitely makes March worth it. At least for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment