I like to think that I have a lot of friends.
A lot of best friends.
If someone asked me, "Who is your best friend?"
I would have to stop and think.
I had a best friend in Elementary School.
And a different best friend in junior high and high school.
When I went to college I had lots of best friends.
I have best girl friends and best guy friends.
I have best city friends and best country friends.
Gee, I have a lot of friends.
But we can't all have one very best friend for life.
If you asked me who my best friend is at this very moment in time,
I would probably say Nina.
Nina Nicole Bell.
She and I were roommates once
and have since become even closer.
We email, text, and call each other.
We send eachother packages in the mail
and periodic picture messages.
Sometimes we laugh and cry together
until five in the morning.
We give eachother advice and counsel
about boys
and church
and our futures.
We plan vacations and parties and weddings together
and like to go out to lunch.
We make fun of each other
and like a lot of the same things.
We both love cookie dough and music videos and roadtrips.
We both like doodling and twix bars and channing tatum.
We both hate jerks and swear words and goodbyes.
I taught her how to snowboard.
She taught me how to dance.
I like Nina.
She is my friend.
my bff.




No comments:
Post a Comment