My name is Nonie. I love ponies, peonies, and pepperoni.

.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Intermission


Well, I blew off that goal of blogging every day in August (and September), but maybe I'll get back around to it someday. I just took a little hiatus to figure out my life and what I was doing with it.

In the last seven weeks, I:
drove 275 miles to interview for a job
got offered the job an hour later
accepted job offer on the spot
Attended Jordyn's birthday party
Had sleepovers with Mare and Nina
traveled to Lagoon and Temple Square
went to Kim's bridal shower
did wedding flowers for Kimberly and Jace
saw all my Rexburg buddies at the wedding
said goodbye to my Sunbeams class
drove 250 miles to my new temporary home
started work
moved three weeks later to my new home in the Burg
painted
worked
played
and watched General Conference.


It's amazing how the plans we have in mind for our lives are not always the plans that work out. I've learned this lesson very well over the last few months. It is definitely Someone else who controls the plans, not us.

During the last few weeks and even months, I've been learning a whole lot of patience. Patience for a job, a place to live, patience for His plan.

Through tribulation comes patience (Romans 5:3) and through patience and hard work comes happiness. At least in my book. I am so happy with my life right now. Happy with my work, my home, my friends. Happy with where I'm at--and I think it's because I had to wait for it and work for it.

This morning Elder Hales gave a talk about waiting upon the Lord. He reiterated the fact that our Heavenly Father loves us and knows us and wants us to be happy. The Lord already knows, and we have the opportunity to learn, what's in store for us.

And I have a feeling there's a lot more in store for me.
The show may now continue.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a busy lady!! I'm so happy to hear you have a wonderful job/ apartment! You sound like you are happy with life, and that just warms my heart strings :D

    You would be proud of me Nonie, I have become quite the Martha Stewart around my little house. Every time I make a new pillow I think "Would Nonie do this?" That standard has worked out so far :) Love you Nonie!

    ReplyDelete