My name is Nonie. I love ponies, peonies, and pepperoni.

.

Monday, August 1, 2011

chapter 1. about a girl


  1. My name is Nonie. I am named after my mom's nickname she had as a little girl. Her name is Norah and her dad still calls her Noni, which can get confusing at family parties.
  2. I have one blue eye and one green eye. It's pretty awesome, if you ask me. What's not awesome is the degenerative myopia that comes with it.   
  3. I love teaching the younger generation and recently graduated from BYU-I in Elementary Ed. Someday I want to teach kindergarten or first grade. Someday.
  4. My feet are always freezing. Because of this, I wear socks to bed.
  5. I had braces twice for a total of 5 1/2 years, and got them removed the week before starting college. Thank you Dr. Arnold for your perfect timing.
  6. I tore my ACL, MCL, and meniscus in a sledding accident my junior year of high school. I barely survived one day at school on crutches, but I did get a key to the highly coveted elevator. Score!
  7. My idea of a perfect day includes taking a four hour nap.
  8. My favorite food is chicken...barbeque, lemon pepper, Italian, salsa verde, alfredo...give me a cooked chicken breast any day.
  9. I love hanging out with my pals Jordy and TessaLou. They crack me up more than any other humans I know.
  10. I like to sew, cook, bake, scrapbook, and decorate, which is how I acquired the lovely nickname of Martha
  11.  One day I want to climb to the top of Mount Timpanogos and sign my name on the shack with a pink sharpie.
  12. I love writing love letters to people I love. Snail mail is the way to go.
  13. I hate snakes. Once, a few years ago, my brothers found some serpents in our yard and played snake baseball with them. It was kind of funny.
  14. It drives me crazy that so many adults don't know how to use homophones correctly. Apparently your/you're, their/there/they're, and to/too must really be hard to remember. Hello second grade!
  15. Once upon a time I wanted to be an entomologist. I also considered becoming an orthodontist, opthamologist, otolaryngologist, registered nurse, and interior designer (although not all at the same time). Obviously I had big dreams. And to this day I still do.

1 comment:

  1. Nonie, I think you're fantastic. And I agree with #14 with all my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete