Why is it that autumn goes so fast? I love autumn as a season, but recently I've noticed things that I love about fall. Things that make me happy to live in a place with four seasons, things that put a smile on my face. Because Old Man Winter is already knocking on the door here in Rexburg, I thought I'd jot down a few of those things that make me fall in love with autumn every year.
I love:
the bright red leaves on maple trees
the sound of football cleats on concrete
the sight of rain dripping down the bedroom window
carving jack-o-lanterns
the sound of hands slapping a volleyball during a joust
getting to wear sweaters and tights and my peacoat
teaching 5-year-olds where pumpkins come from
hayrides
leaf rubbings
farmer's markets
campfires and roasting the perfect hotdog
kids in costumes
wheat fields
pumpkin pie
apple harvest
door wreaths
Sunday drives to see the colors
pumpkin spice candles
daylight savings time
I am grateful for this beautiful season of change. This is my first fall up here in the Burg, and so far it's been wonderful. That being said, it's time to go pull out the snowboots and long-johns. We're going sledding tonight for fhe. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment