Wednesday, January 5, 2011
tip of the iceburg
Today I began my last semester of college course work. I have been here in Rexburg for three years now, and I have three months left. The time seems like it flew by. I can't believe I'm a senior already.
I had only one class today. Mare and I then walked around campus, looking at the new buildings and facilities that construction crews finished up in the fall. We took a tour of the new gym and workout area.
This campus is amazing.
I have been so blessed to attend school here at BYU-Idaho. The Spirit of Ricks is alive and well. The professors here are some of the best I've had. I've learned how to be a better teacher by watching them. I love the calm winter air, the commotion in the library, reuniting with old friends and roommates. I love walking across the slushy street to campus each morning, greeted by steam coming from the vent in the sidewalk. I love waving to people I know on my way to class. I love the clean buildings and the beautiful artwork and statues they house. I love it here.
So, for me, it's one more semester of paper writing, reading assignments, and practicums at local elementary schools. I am excited, energized, and ready to learn. I am thrilled to be graduating in April, but to tell the truth, I am going to miss the Burg.
I kinda already do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I have to say, I'm glad it's you and not me up there in all that snow. Today we went to the store, well I guess it was more like "tonight" and it was freezing and the girls were naughty...in a cute way. I'm just glad it wasn't snowing. :) Have fun!
ReplyDelete