Anyway, she gave away cool things like cashmere sweaters, watches, Nike shoes, and a Nikon DSLR to everyone in the audience. Oh, but don't worry. Those lucky ducks also got 5 years of free Netflix, a 55 inch plasma touch-screen TV, and a 7-day Caribbean cruise. Can you say spoiled?
So, I was thinking: If I were Oprah, what would I give away to a hundred strangers? What are truly my favorite things right now?
Prepare to be dazzled.
1. C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lipgloss
I have loved this stuff for years now. Heaven on my lips.
2. Old Navy Rosette Cardigan
This cardi is soft and long enough to cover my long torso. I have it in both colors because it is just awesome.
3. Dan in Real Life
This has been my favorite movie since I saw it in theatres. I once watched it three times in one night. That's how much I love it.
4. K. Bell No-Show Socks
These are typically found at Costco. You will also find about 84 pairs of them in my top drawer, in various colors and patterns.
It's no secret that this snowboard is amazing, not to mention good-looking.
Two words: Pure Joy. This cake is nothing but goodness. I'd be sure give each audience member a slice or two.
7. Bernina activa 210
I sure was spoiled when I got the older version of this little lady for my 16th birthday.
8. Canon Rebel T2i
I don't currently have one of these bad boys, but along with handing them out to the audience, I would readily give one to myself.
Seriously, who wouldn't want to be in my audience. Look at all that great stuff you would get. The total retail value of my 8 items is probably 1/100th of what OW spent on her buds.
Well, Oprah, thanks anyway for inspiring me to be a powerful woman. I hope to one day grow up to be like you, publishing my very own 'N' magazine, building schools in Africa, and becoming friends with Nate Berkus. Thanks for 25 years of greatness, inspiration, and the desire to have cool things.











No comments:
Post a Comment