My name is Nonie. I love ponies, peonies, and pepperoni.

.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Mrs. Eye Different

I received a new name at school today.
I walked into the classroom and was greeted with this conversation:

"Hi Eye Different."
Hi kiddo. How are you today? 
"Your name is Eye Different. Mrs. Eye Different. It's because your eyes are different colors."
Sure are.

Not too many people notice my eyes right off when they first meet me, but he did. This kid is obsessed with my eyes. He tries to stare at them when it's time to do math. He brings it up at least three times a week. And today, he made me smile with his simple observation.


Yes, I have one blue eye and one green eye. I think it's pretty neat. Whenever I have to tell something unique about myself, I rely on this fact. Most of the time people are amazed. They turn around in their seats and clamor to get a glimpse of my crazy irises. I've only met three other people with this same defect, all at BYU-I. Pretty darn unique.

So for now, I'll add Mrs. Eye Different to my list of my many titles and nicknames.
I kinda like it.

1 comment:

  1. I always thought your eyes were Awesome. I'd call you Mrs. Eyes Awesome.

    Jason

    ReplyDelete