The past seven weeks have been a whirlwind of activity and changes in my life. A lot has happened since the beginning of April and I've been kept on my toes throughout it all.
Along with leaving Rexburg came saying goodbye to friends. I don't do well with goodbyes.
I had surgery on my nose. To this day it still hurts.
I visited Grandma Hunter on what would have been her 80th birthday. I miss her. Today is actually the 8th anniversary of her death.
I had dinner with Poppa Paul and Grandma Janice. I love to listen to their stories and wisdom and look up to them so much. They are great examples to our family of faith and diligence.
I started student teaching in a 6th grade class. It has been one of the hardest things I have done. There have been quite a few days when I've come home crying. It's tough. My class is great though, and I had fun planning units on the human body, WWI, and fairy tales which they seemed to enjoy.
I have also started the job hunt for the fall, which is harder than it may seem.
Camie chipped her three front teeth diving for a volleyball and hitting a chair with her face. Poor girl. She got them fixed the next Monday.
Camie chipped her three front teeth diving for a volleyball and hitting a chair with her face. Poor girl. She got them fixed the next Monday.

I got to talk to Steven once on the phone. He sounded good. I miss him a lot and wished he would have been here to help me on my WWI unit. He gets home in less than two months.
Jason and Sara have had their arms full the past few weeks when Tessa broke her arm and Jordyn got pnemonia and was in the hospital for a week. It has been hard for me to watch these little girls go through such hard things. Seeing Jord hooked up to all those machines just about killed me. Those two are such a good example to me of overcoming trials. Kids are so resilient.
Sometimes it seems that life throws us many trials at once. That when it rains, it pours. Several times this last month I have felt that way. Maybe its a refiner's fire that we all have to go through during this life. Trials are given to us so that we can become stronger. I am so glad to have my knowledge of the Gospel and my family to help me through all of the things that happen. I know that my Savior and my family will always be there for me when I need them, and for that I am grateful. I know that we will all come through this whirlwind of hard things as stronger individuals and a closer family.
Easter 2011















No comments:
Post a Comment