My name is Nonie. I love ponies, peonies, and pepperoni.

.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Giving In


I love blogs. I am a self-proclaimed blog-stalker. I like to keep up on family members, browse craft tutorials, and feast my eyes on good photography. About 68.9 percent of my bookmarked pages are blogs. That is how much I like them.
I never thought I would start a blog at this time in my life. I don't have time to write about my life. No one really wants to read about my life. I am a college student. I have 13 credits worth of classes, homework, labs, and study groups. I spend my evenings at the library studying teacher's editions of textbooks, writing lesson plans, and preparing to teach in my methods classes. I have roommates, cousins, and friends who tend to distract me with fun adventures. I eat my lunch while reading textbooks and review vocabulary terms in my head while walking across campus. (What can I say? I am pretty good at multi-tasking). Moral of the story: I don't have much extra time to devote my life to blogging.
Sure, I planned on having a blog when I was approximately 32—writing amidst the chaos of raising a family, chasing around toddlers, driving kids to school, being a stay at home mom for a bit. Because honestly, who is not a mommy blogger these days?
But then again, college student bloggers are on the rise too.


When it comes to journal writing, I stink. I just can't get into a routine about writing about my life. When I do get around to writing, I enjoy it. I love going back to read what I have put down on paper. This last fall I was pretty good at writing every so often. (But I couldn't let those funny quotes from kindergarteners go to waste, now could I?)
And that is where this blog of mine comes in. I figure that maybe if I can type out my thoughts (I type way faster than I write), I would be more willing to document my life. Because I am already on my computer a lot for school, it would be a breeze to type in an entry every now and again. Maybe that is easier said than done? Truth is, this actual blog "post" has been sitting on my laptop for 3 months, waiting to be published. Maybe I am just a little apprehensive?
I want to be a better writer. I need to record things that are funny, important, or remarkable that happen in my life. I want to preserve my memories and create a legacy for future generations. So, in 15 years, when I am changing dirty diapers and creating biome dioramas for my children, I can look back on these sweet years of college, when I was smart enough to start a blog and record the simple, everyday things that make my life so cool.


I guess it's time for me to give in. Here goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment